Mount Saint Mary College employs its own professional security force.
The Office of Security & Safety is open 24 hours a day, and is located on the first floor of Guzman Hall. The administrative office, located in Hudson Hall, is open during normal business hours.
The Mount's Security & Safety staff includes the executive director, assistant director, 24 security officers, 2 safety officers, and support staff. You can reach the Security & Safety Office at 845-569-3200.
The primary mission of the department is to protect life and property by providing services that will establish and maintain a reasonably safe campus environment and will contribute and assist in achieving the educational and organizational goals of the college. Services are designed to enhance the quality of life on campus for students, faculty, staff members, visitors and guests of the college by pro-actively engaging in activities that promote security awareness, crime prevention and safety consciousness.
Services include manned and electronic security measures designed to detect and correct security violations and fire safety hazards.
The security-safety mission is accomplished by:
- 24-hour security patrol
- more than 70 closed circuit television cameras
- 24-hour residence hall security coverage
- incident investigation
- crime prevention programs and activities
- vehicle traffic/parking regulations and enforcement
- security escort services
- liaison services with federal, state and local enforcement agencies
- the operation and maintenance of a radio communication network
- 23 emergency "blue light" phones throughout campus
- the implementation & activation of emergency preparedness operations
At all times, the Security & Safety Office is responsive to the needs and concerns of all members of the campus community.
You can reach the Security & Safety Office at 845-569-3200.