In regard to its athletics programs and student-athletes, Mount Saint Mary College is following current federal, state, and local guidelines. The following is subject to revision if these guidelines are updated.
The college will provide additional details to student athletes in the coming weeks.
For the safety of our student athletes and coaches, Mount Saint Mary College has decided to not participate in an official fall season. However, the college is going to allow our fall athletes to practice and train with their coaches and teams, and will follow guidance from the NCAA as to maintain eligibility.
In addition, the Women’s Tennis and Men’s Golf Skyline Championship will be played in the spring, and the Mount will permit them to practice during the fall. Athletes and coaches of winter and spring sports can plan to practice during the fall semester and a determination about winter seasons will be made at a later date.
Additional information will be shared as it becomes available.
Team Meetings and Locker Rooms
- Any team meetings must allow for social distancing and all participants must wear masks. Zoom meetings/workouts will be utilized.
- Gymnasiums, locker rooms, and the pool will remain closed until otherwise noted.
Turf, Tennis Courts, Softball-Baseball Field, and Sod Field
- These will be available for use if individuals provide their own equipment.
- These must be used with social distancing. For example, having only two people playing on a group of tennis courts.
- Users must wear face coverings.