The construction of the 2025 Strategic Plan consists of Five phases.
1. Getting Organized (Aug-Sep) - Completed
- Set the calendar of events for the year
- Establish the Planning Task Force (PTF) using the Strategic Planning and Budgeting Committee (SPBC) and nominations submitted from faculty and administrators.
- Orient the PTF on the five phases of the planning model at their initial meeting.
2. Data Gathering and Engagement (Oct-Dec) - Current phase
- Training for PTF on strategies for meaningfully engaging internal and external stakeholders.
- PTF produces a work and communication plan for gathering data.
- PTF gathers data and information from stakeholders and compiles summaries for the next full meeting of the PTF.
3. Making Sense of the Issues (Jan – Feb)
- PTF presents findings from all stakeholder groups to the full PTF committee at an all-day event (January 9th).
- 5 - 7 Primary themes are identified which begin to identify the primary focus areas of the plan.
- The development of each theme is led by a group of PTF members who work together to produce standardized concept papers.
- Concept papers are shared with the college community.
4. Goals Conference (March)
- PTF and all interested internal stakeholders attend an all-day event (March 18th) to further develop concept papers.
- Identify 4 or 5 goals for each Theme.
- Create broad implementation plan for each goal using a uniform outline.
5. Plan Refinement (Mar – May)
- Efforts transition to the Strategic Planning and Budgeting Committee (SPBC)
- Broad implementation plans are refined.
- Action steps are created.
- Facilitators are assigned.
- Measures of progress are identified.
- Financial requirements are budgeted.
- PTF reviews first draft and makes revisions.
- Second draft is shared with entire community.
- Final revisions are made, copy is published internally and submitted for board vote.
“Mount Saint Mary College is going to become the most community service-oriented college in the United States. We are going to move into the future by embracing and amplifying the concept that is at our core: Service matters.” — Dr. Jason N. Adsit, president of Mount Saint Mary College
The Strategic Plan 2020-2025 will be focused on creating the eco-system necessary to achieve Dr. Adsit's vision for Mount Saint Mary College